Are you figuring out How to Cancel Netflix Subscription? Now you can do that with These Easy Steps which we have shared in this article. We have all wasted countless hours watching Netflix, even when we had some important work.
In order to take a digital break, you might cancel your Netflix subscription. Suppose you cancel your Netflix membership subscription, but what happens next? What about your wish lists?, likes, and card info?
There’s no doubt that Netflix is one of the most expensive OTT services in many countries, so I understand if you think it’s doing the most damage to your wallet. The intense competition between Netflix and other streaming services has led Netflix to slash its prices in many countries.
The Netflix subscription cost varies by country, so you can determine whether you wish to cancel your subscription or change your membership plan. You need to consider several things before canceling your Netflix subscription, which is explained in this article. Like we have previously covered How to Cancel Adobe Subscription.
How to Cancel Netflix Subscription Easily [2023 Updated]
- 1 How to Cancel Netflix Subscription Easily [2023 Updated]
- 1.1 How to Cancel Netflix Subscription in Web Browser?
- 1.2 How to Cancel Netflix Subscription on Android?
- 1.3 How to Cancel Netflix Subscription on iPhone?
- 1.4 How to Cancel Netflix Subscription on Smart TV?
- 1.5 Things to Remember when you Cancel Netflix Subscription
- 1.6 What are some good Netflix Alternatives?
- 1.7 FAQs
- 1.8 Conclusion
The process of canceling your Netflix membership is really simple. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Use the Netflix app or online to log in to your Netflix account.
- Select the user icon or drop-down menu in the top right corner of the screen.
- Access account management by selecting ‘Account.’
- Just below ‘Membership & Billing,’ click the big ‘Cancel Membership‘ button.
- To confirm the cancellation, click ‘Finish Cancellation.’
How to Cancel Netflix Subscription in Web Browser?
You can cancel your Netflix subscription easily and quickly. Despite this, it only goes into effect after a period of time. Even if you cancel your membership, Netflix lets you continue to use your subscription until your billing cycle ends. Thus, consider canceling in advance if you want to avoid extra charges.
Using a web browser on your Mac, Windows, or Linux laptop or desktop PC, here are the steps you need to take to cancel your Netflix subscription.
- Get started by logging into your Netflix account. On your computer, use a browser.
- On the Netflix cancellation page, click the Finish Cancellation button. There are also options for changing your mind about canceling Netflix, such as going back and downgrading your plan.
You should cancel your Netflix membership right now. The plan will be immediately canceled without a confirmation dialogue.
How to Cancel Netflix Subscription on Android?
Some exclusive settings in the Netflix Android app are similar to those in the Netflix desktop app. Most of it focuses on downloading content for offline viewing and limiting data usage. However, you’ll need to go to a browser to change other account settings. By following the steps below, you can access the Netflix app’s Account settings:
- Log in to your Netflix account on your Android device. At the top-right corner, tap on the profile icon.
- From the profile page, select “Account.“. The Account Settings page will open in a web browser. It’s true, the Netflix Android app doesn’t have the account settings, and you’ll see the same cancellation flow as in the browser.
- Click on “Cancel Membership” at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, tap the blue “Finish Cancellation” button to confirm the cancellation. A confirmation message will appear from Netflix: “We’ve canceled your membership.“.
How to Cancel Netflix Subscription on iPhone?
If you’re using an iPhone, iPad, or other streaming device, you can’t change the account settings on Netflix. To access these settings, you must log in to Netflix with a web browser on your Android phone or PC. Follow the same steps as described in the section on web browsers.
Open the Netflix app on your iPhone and tap the profile icon at the top-right corner to see the screen below. Select “Account,” and you will see a message that reads: “Looking for your account settings?“ To manage your account, visit Netflix on the web.
How to Cancel Netflix Subscription on Smart TV?
The Netflix app on your smart TV or streaming device does not allow you to access account settings like on an iPhone or iPad. You must log into Netflix from a web browser window and follow the steps described in the section above on using a web browser.
Things to Remember when you Cancel Netflix Subscription
It can be frustrating to stay away from your monthly dose of entertainment. There are a few things you should remember before you cancel Netflix subscription.
- Your cancellation becomes effective after the current billing cycle ends.
- A Netflix subscription or membership will not be canceled by uninstalling or not using Netflix.
- If you decide to restart your membership in the future, your data will be stored with Netflix for 10 months.
- When you decide to resume membership, you will have to pay in advance.
- To prevent someone from renewing your Netflix subscription without consent, change your Netflix password if you have a shared account.
- There is no need to cancel the plan if you do not have automatic payments. Renewing or rejoining your membership will cost you less.
- Your account will be canceled immediately if it is on hold.
- Assume you obtained Netflix access through a promotional offer or gift card. If that happens, the streaming service will continue the plan until the balance on the card runs out. Once your membership has been activated, you can decide whether to continue watching Netflix’s best movies and TV shows.
What are some good Netflix Alternatives?
If you cancel Netflix subscription, you won’t be able to watch some of the best Netflix movies and original series. The Witcher and Stranger Things will not be available, but there are other services available at lower prices if that isn’t a deal breaker.
Here are some of the best streaming options available Right now
Apple TV+ is one of the cheapest streaming services currently available if you want to save money on your streaming budget. You can sign up for a free 7 day trial and then pay $6.99 a month to try it out. If you purchase an Apple device, you’ll get 3 months free of the service.
Indeed, Apple TV+ doesn’t offer as much content as Netflix, but it does have some of the year’s best original series and movies. Its first movie, CODA, won the Academy Award for best picture.
The Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ Bundle
Netflix currently charges $9.99 per month for the basic membership, allowing you to stream Netflix from one screen simultaneously. Disney+ bundles include Hulu and ESPN+ for just $4 more.
This is the best option if you’re looking for the most value for your money. For $13.99 a month with ads or $19.99 without, you can watch Marvel shows, Hulu Originals, Star Wars, sports, and more.
The HBO Max streaming service is another great option for streaming. You can choose between the ad-free version and the monthly base subscription for $9.99. It is possible to create up to five profiles using either option.
HBO Max is most popular for its original content, however. It features HBO originals, DC, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, and Studio Ghibli content. You can also watch episodes of The Last of Us and Warner Bros. movies as soon as they hit streaming on the platform. HBO Max and Discovery+ will be combined into one service, extending the platform’s content offering even further.
Will Netflix charge me if I cancel my Ongoing Netflix subscription?
Netflix subscriptions can be canceled at no additional charge. Since there is no refund for existing subscriptions, you can use your plan until the end of the billing period.
How do I stop Netflix’s automatic renewal?
It is possible to use a payment method that requires authentication for every transaction, such as a debit card. Alternatively, you must ask your bank provider to cancel the Netflix payments via Internet banking if you do not wish to continue making payments. If you want to avoid extra billing, you can cancel your subscription.
Can I Rejoin Netflix, and If Yes, How?
Yes, you can easily restart your subscription. It’s as simple as opening Your Account and clicking Restart Membership. Within seconds, you will be able to access Netflix.
What About My Netflix Profiles, Favorites, and Preferences?
You can access your Netflix profiles, favorites, viewing preferences, and account details for up to 10 months. They will then delete all data from their servers. If you rethink joining Netflix again after that much time, it’s a good time to do so.
We have cleared mentioned the easiest steps how to cancel Netflix subscription using them you can save your money and budgetize your spending according to your needs. The price hikes, the introduction of ads, and the potential crackdown on password sharing gave a rise to cancel Netflix subscription. In 2023, despite Multiple Streaming Service’s and availability of popular movies, shows, good content will always be available on other platforms unless these OTT have brought exclusive rights for those content.
Don’t forget to subscribe Aquila Resources Newsletter and telegram channel to get more regular update.