In the Community
Contributing to the growth and stability of the community is key to our values
It is important to us to have good relationships with people and businesses in the areas in which we operate, and to be respectful in our presence here. We believe that being an active participant in the community allows us to share responsibility for the community’s well-being.
We don’t just measure our success in terms of exploration and discovery, but also in terms of our efforts toward contributing to the growth and stability of the area we call home. We are grateful for the many opportunities to interact with the public, keep stakeholders informed and share the exciting, positive growth afforded to all.
Menominee County Scholarships:
We are currently accepting applications for scholarships from high school seniors in Menominee County who plan to attend any college, university, trade or technical school in the fall.
Five scholarships of $2,000 each will be awarded to the five students with the best papers submitted on any of the following subjects:
- How My Additional Training/Education Will Benefit Myself and the Community
- The Importance of Mining to Our Country
- How the Back Forty Project Can Help Our Community
The deadline is May 1, 2016.
Aquila is also honored to be a part of:
- Sponsoring of a Lake Township community drinking water well survey. At the special request of Township officials, in response to the concerns of local residents about the current quality of drinking water around the Back Forty project site, an independent environmental consulting firm was contracted to perform a year-long study of residential water quality.
- Upkeep of a boat landing on the Menominee River to provide enjoyment and ease of access to area fishermen.
- Project tours.
- Periodic informational meetings.
- Conducting school and club presentations to provide education about geology and exploration in our world.
- Donating financially to local causes and organizations.
- Membership and active participation in the Marinette Menominee Area Chamber of Commerce.